Director: Feng-Huei Lin, PhD
Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Nanomedicine National Health Research Institutes (NHRI)
Tenure Distinguished Professor
Biomedicine Engineering of National Taiwan University (NTU)
Research in Professor Feng-Huei Lin’s laboratory is devoted to the development of new materials for medical applications based on unmet clinical needs. Since 1990, the lab has published more than 350 peer reviewed journal papers and 11 book chapters. In addition, the lab has earned 64 patents and transferred 20 technologies to industry; among those, 16 technologies have been developed into final products. In the recent years, the lab has put more efforts on preventive medicine for osteoporosis, sarcopenia, and Alzheimer and Parkinson disease. The lab also helps local biomedical engineering companies to improve their technology and materials to increase the product competitiveness and to link to global venture capital (VCs), which may shorten the time product development takes from concept to market.
- Preventive medicine for osteoporosis, sarcopenia, and Alzheimer and Parkinson disease
- Cell therapy: develop dual functional 3D culture system (dynamic and physical stimulation)
- Tissue regeneration: including alveolar epithelium, bone, cartilage, tendon, nerve, blood vessels, vitreous body, and so on.
- Oral controlled and sustained drug delivery systems development and applications
- Establish new strategy for body weight control