To benefit mankind through the education of young people and funding of quality research leading to the improvement of the clinical management of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases based on scientific evidence.
- to work with industry to generate funding for research and the education of fellows and students
- to make special efforts to enhance the careers of bright young stars by supporting their research and to establish an international exchange program
- to give special emphasis to recruit international research scholars to come for collaboration with American investigators
- to be a network of leading investigators from all over the world working together on solving problems related to musculoskeletal ailments
- to play a leading role in the identification and development of key topics for ligament and tendon research